All the course will have one assignment. The main purpose of assignment is to test students, comprehension of the learning materials and reference book for the courses and also to help them with reaching/learning feed-back. If the student has easy access to other books, they should make use of them also. But the assignment are designed in such a way as to help them concentrate on the printed course material, reference books and exploit their experience with some additional reading.
Guidelines regarding submission of assignment
- It compulsory for the students to submit all the prescribed assignments. They will not be allowed to appear for the term-end examination of a course if they do not submit the assignment in time that for course.
- Whenever the students receive a set of assignment, they should check them immediately and asked for missing pages, if any, from their Regional Center or the co-ordinator of their study center.
- The assignment responses should be complete in all respects. Before submission, the students should ensure that they have answered all the questions in all assignments. Incomplete answered sheets bring poor grades.
- The university/Co-ordinator of the study center has the right to reject the assignment after the due date. Therefore, the students are advised to submit their assignments before the due date.
- Students should enclose a self-addressed stamped assignment remittance-cum-acknowledgment card (Form No. 1)with each assignment response to ensure the delivery of assignment before the last dates prescribed for submission of assignments.
- In case the students have already done some assignments prescribed in a course, they are required to do the left-over assignments before taking the Term-end Examination. If they have qualified in a course on the basis of a lesser number of assignments and term-end Examination, they will not be eligble to re-do the assignment with a view to improve the overall qualifying score of that course.
- In case any students fails to submit the assignments or fails to score minimum qualifying marks, s/he has to wait for fresh assignments made for the current batch of students. The request for the new assignments in the prescribed form(Form No. 2) is to be addressed to the Concerned Regional Director.
- For their own record, students should retain a copy of all the assignment response, which they submit to the Co-ordinator of their study center or SED at the Headquarters. If they do not get back their duly evaluated assignment within a month after submission, they should try to get it from their Study Center personality. This may help them to improve upon future assignment.
- Once the students get the pass marks in an assignment, they cannot re-submit it for improvements of marks. If the students get secured requisite marks in Term-end Examination and assignments, but did not get requisite over all percentage, then the students can either resubmit the assignment or reappear for the term-end examination for securing the requisite overall percentage.
- Assignments are not subject to re-evaluation except for factual error, if any. The discrepancy noticed by the students in the evaluated assignment should be brought to the notice of the Co-ordinator of the study Center, so that correct score is forwarded by him to the student Evaluation Division at ht Headquarters.
The students are not subject enclose or express doubts for clarification, if any, along with the assignments. They should send their doubts in a separate core to the Programme Coordinator, Program Name, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068. While doing so they should give their complete enrolment number, name, address, Programme code.